If you have completed the courses and passed one of the examinations approved by CIFALC (the Catalan Interuniversity Commission for Language Education and Certification) held at a Catalan university, you can request a certificate from the university’s language service.

If you have studied in Catalonia or have any Catalan qualification, diploma or certificate issued by an official body outside Catalonia, see the DGPL’s list of equivalent qualifications to the official Catalan certificates. This page also gives details of all the requirements (courses taken, teaching centre, period of study, etc.) and where to obtain the official certificate.

If you have taken and passed one of the official examinations held each year by the Directorate General for Language Policy, you can collect the certificate from its offices in the city where you sat the test.

If you have completed a Consorci per a la Normalització Lingüística (CPNL) course and passed the final examination (Basic 3, Elementary 3, Intermediate 3, Sufficiency 3 or Superior C2), an official certificate will be sent to the e-mail address you provided.

If you live outside Catalonia you can find where and when examinations will be held on the website of the Institut Ramon Llull (IRL). The examinations can be sat by anyone of any nationality who is aged fourteen or over on the date of the test, and who wants an official accreditation of their knowledge of the Catalan language without having studied an official course.

The results can be obtained from the Institute’s website after the date published in the examination announcement. Candidates who pass the examination can download the corresponding certificate.